A recipe to lower blood pressure and take care of your heart
This delicious and nutritious Mediterranean Salmon Bowl is packed with ingredients that can help maintain healthy blood pressure. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, and fibre, it's a flavourful way to take care of your heart.
For the Salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Bowl:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the Salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then season with minced garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Lay lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Prepare the Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble the Bowl:
In individual serving bowls, divide the cooked quinoa evenly.
Top the quinoa with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the Salmon:
Carefully transfer the baked salmon fillets into each bowl.
- Drizzle with Dressing:
Generously drizzle the prepared dressing over the entire bowl.
Sprinkle fresh parsley on top for a burst of color and flavour.
- Serve and Enjoy:
Serve your Mediterranean Salmon Bowl immediately while the salmon is still warm.
This heart-healthy meal is not only great for your blood pressure but also a delightful treat for your taste buds. Enjoy the flavours of the Mediterranean while taking care of your heart.
For more tips on how to reduce or maintain your blood pressure head to our recent article here.